This dress is skipping the line - there are several more things that have been finished before this one, but since I finished it Thursday night, wore it to work friday and also have managed to get it photographed that evening, it's earned it!
I originally bought this fabric to make a Garden party dress by Honig Design, and I still think it would have been a nice dress, but then I wanted a dress now, and not in a (long) while, after I'd put together the printed pdf-pattern, made a muslin, done the alterations and then made the dress. And in between all that go on Summer holiday.
So I went with the Anna dress patter from By hand London, as I've already done the muslin and the alterations on that pattern before. Just cut and sew - the dress was a breeze to make, as others have said before me. The biggest challenge was to tell the different skirt pieces apart once they were separated from the pattern pieces. The nothces are very good guides, but they were sort of hidden by the overlock stitches. I overlocked all the edges before stitching together the dress, just to be sure.
I'm starting to get the hang of putting in invisible zippers, so I didn't have to unpick this one! So happy with that. Especially yesterday. Once I was done with all the machine sewing and only had a little hand stitching left, stitching the facing to the zipper, the power went out, and I had to get my son's head lamp to finish the dress. There are probably some threads to cut on the inside still. I found a couple of long ones along the hemline that had to be cut at the office today...
I've used the pattern as it was altered for my previous Anna, the only thing I changed in addition, was to lower the neckline by 2 cm at the middle, graded to 0 cm before the shoulder seems.
I really love my new Anna!
The pattern, the fabric, the colour!